We’ve once again hooked up with the Greater Des Moines Partnership to help showcase the thriving music industry in the area by issuing a second “CarpeDM” music compilation.
As voted by the public, last year’s compilation featured original songs by Brother Trucker, Gloom Balloon and Bonnie Finken, among others. Once again, the mix will be unveiled at the Partnership’s SXSW event – the #IowaHour in Austin, Texas on March 15 – co-sponsored by the Iowa Economic Development Authority. Additionally, the compilation will be distributed at career fairs and out-of-state recruitment events, as well online through the Partnership’s lifestyle recruitment website, www.seizedesmoines.com.
SUBMISSIONS DEADLINE IS 5 P.M. FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 13
- Artists/Bands are allowed to submit one original song in mp3 format emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org – subject line: “Carpe DM Submission – YOUR BAND NAME”
- Please include in the email:
- File name of attached MP3 should include artist name and track title (Note that the track may not contain explicit lyrics)
- Artist Name
- Track Title
- Artist Hometown (must be in the Greater Des Moines Partnership’s region)
- Link to one music video and/or one live video
- Your official website
- 1 – 3 links to your social media sites
- 1 to 3 links to reviews, interviews, or other press mentions.
- By submitting, the musician/band gives permission to the Greater Des Moines Partnership to publish and distribute the song.
- Artists/Bands must have the authority to make the song available.
- Selected tracks will be compensated for their use in the compilation.
- No songs selected to the previous compilation will be considered.
A local jury of music industry professionals will score tracks based on three criteria: 1) songwriting – the quality of original musical and lyrical compositions; 2) musicianship – execution appropriate to the material; and 3) appropriateness for compilation – lyric content, production quality, and artist activity with the community.
The 20 songs with the highest scores will be made available for public online voting on February 20. Individuals can cast votes for three songs they feel best represent central Iowa’s music scene. The 12 songs with the most votes are planned appear on the compilation.
Questions? Email email@example.com.