Tomorrow (June 28/29), Seldom Seen Festival—an event focusing on music, art, and literature—will take over a small farm in Monmouth, Iowa. The fest includes two days of camping on a gorgeous spot of land, but there are quite a few things to look forward to from the music acts. But don’t just trust me, here’s what the musicians themselves had to say about what they’re looking forward to, why you should come check them out, and what they’ll be doing post-Seldom Seen (in that order).
*Not interviewed/pictured: Alientech.
DJ Nice Kicks, Friday: 10:45-11:30
Bri Jo & Alexis Stevens, Saturday 4pm-5:15pm
1. I’m mostly excited to see all my friends back in Iowa. After moving to Nashville in August, I have been missing them dearly. Also, what could be better than playing a bunch of tunes with a bunch of great folks in the middle of nowhere?
2. It probably won’t suck…
3. I have a self-titled 10″ coming out in August which will be followed by a 2-3 month tour all over the country. Very excited for those things. I will definitely be playing a bunch all over Iowa, so keep your eyes peeled for those dates.
Chasing Shade, Saturday, 5:30pm-6:15pm
EZ EC and D Gus, Saturday: 6:30pm-7pm
EZ EC (Evan Clark)
2. Naked Girls and Free Capri-Suns (Strawberry Kiwi Only)
3. Retire & Raise a Family with D-Gus in the Himalayas and Force Them to Worship Devil Magic.
D Gus (Dustin Gustafson)
1. All the black and milds and five star you can imagine.2. All the black and milds and five star you can imagine
1. First off, I’d like to say that the people who put this together have nothing but love for artistic expression and are full-heartedly committed to sharing an experience. We’re very excited to be apart of this festival and to do our part in anyway we can to help our friends succeed in their vision. We play mostly all hip-hop shows, so we look forward to opportunities like this, where we have the chance to perform for an audience that is not hip-hop oriented to try and broaden our audience as artists.
2. Watching the AWTHNTKTS perform is like watching New Jack City, Blues Brothers, The Wiz and Wayne’s World….ALL AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!!
3. After Seldom Seen:
July 6th: #drugmuzicfest at Gabe’s in Iowa City.
July 18th- Pre-show for Run the Jewels at Gabe’s in Iowa City (free!!!)
August 5th- At the Mill in Iowa City we’ll be performing with Louis Logic and Dark Time Sunshine of Fake Four Inc.
September 26-28: We’re also performing at the Pygmalion Music Festival this September in Champaign, Illinois.
Alex Body, Saturday, 8:15pm-9pm
2) I’m not sure, I try to let the music speak for itself. You might like it, you might not. I try to make the music challenging enough to be rewarding. That is more than one sentence.
3) I’m going to finish working on a new album, tour some more, and go swimming.
Trouble Lights, Saturday: 9:15pm-10pm
1. Watching rad local bands outside. Summer amazingness.
2. Dance party glitter fest.
1. It’s fun to not have to compete with the din of a bar. We hope it’s like a mystical outdoor theater.