Lineup (more acts TBA)
– Sat., May 26 – Hairball – Doors 7pm, Show 8pm – $20/25
– Fri., June 1 – The Nadas w/ Steve Poltz – Doors 7pm, Show 8pm – $15/20
– Tues., June 12 – Jimmy Cliff – Doors 6pm, Show 7pm – $30/35
– Wed., June 20 – Bruce Hornsby & The Noisemakers w/ Cornmeal – Doors 6pm, Show 7pm – $25/30
– Sun., July 1 – BoDeans – Doors 6pm, Show 7pm – $15 – DATE CHANGE
– Thurs., July 5 – Yonder Mountain String Band – Doors 7pm, Show 8pm – $20/25
– Thurs., July 12 – Ingrid Michaelson w/ Greg Laswell – Doors 6pm, Show 7pm – $25
– Thurs., July 26 – Grace Potter & The Nocturnals – Doors 6:30pm, Show 7:30pm – $32
– Sun., Aug. 12 – Matisyahu and The Dirty Heads – Doors 6pm, Show 7pm – $30
– Tues., Aug. 21 – Andrew Bird – Doors 6:30pm, Show 7:30pm – $32
Advance tickets for Matisyahu and The Dirty Heads go on sale Friday, May 11 at 10am at http://ticketfly.com.
“When Matisyahu emerged in 2004 with his debut album, Shake Off the Dust…Arise, his musical persona seemed to some a novelty. Here was a Hasidic Jew — dressed in a black suit with a broad-brimmed black hat worn over a yarmulke, and sporting a full, untrimmed beard — who nevertheless performed toasting raps about the glories of traditional Judaism over reggae beats in a dancehall style directly from Jamaica. Moreover, he punctuated his performances with stage diving. It may have seemed like a joke at first, but Matisyahu was serious about his craft, and his diverse style soon garnered Grammy nominations, gold record certifications, and a broad audience.
The Dirty Heads
Emerging onto the Southern California music scene with a sound as original as the band members themselves, the Dirty Heads’ blend of hip-hop and classic reggae rips through the sonic surf with bold beats, fun rhythms and the relaxed vibe of feel-good lyrics. Rooted in the Orange County community of Huntington Beach, founding band members Jared Watson and guitarist / vocalist Dustin Bushnell met in 1996 while in high school, embarking on a friendship based on music, as well as their shared passion for surfing, skating and the endless party of the laid-back SoCal lifestyle.
About Nitefall on the River
Nitefall on the River presented by Veridian Credit Union is an annual summer music series at the picturesque Simon Estes Riverfront Amphitheatre in downtown Des Moines. Since 1993, Nitefall on the River has attracted a wide range of Central Iowans to enjoy an evening of great live music, beautiful weather, and a welcoming ambiance. Nitefall on the River is also sponsored by Charles Gabus Ford and Iowa Health.