Lineup (more acts TBA)
– Sat., May 26 – Hairball – Doors 7pm, Show 8pm – $20/25
– Fri., June 1 – The Nadas w/ Steve Poltz – Doors 7pm, Show 8pm – $15/20
– Tues., June 12 – Jimmy Cliff – Doors 6pm, Show 7pm – $30/35
– Wed., June 20 – Bruce Hornsby & The Noisemakers w/ Cornmeal – Doors 6pm, Show 7pm – $25/30
– Sun., July 1 – BoDeans – Doors 6pm, Show 7pm – $15 – DATE CHANGE
– Thurs., July 5 – Yonder Mountain String Band – Doors 7pm, Show 8pm – $20/25
– Thurs., July 12 – Ingrid Michaelson w/ Greg Laswell – Doors 6pm, Show 7pm – $25
– Thurs., July 26 – Grace Potter & The Nocturnals – Doors 6:30pm, Show 7:30pm – $32
– Tues., Aug. 21 – Andrew Bird – Doors 6:30pm, Show 7:30pm – $32
Advance tickets for Grace Potter & The Nocturnals go on sale Friday, May 4 at 10am athttp://ticketfly.com Advance tickets for previously announced shows are currently on sale. Tickets will also be on sale at Wooly’s (504 E. Locust St.) M-F 12-5pm and during shows with no service fees.
Grace Potter & The Nocturnals – Thurs., July 26 – Doors 6:30pm, Show 7:30pm – $32
Grace Potter & the Nocturnals’ self-made 2005 debut album, Nothing but the Water revealed a musically sophisticated young band inspired by the music of the late ’60s/early ’70s and fronted by a then-21-year-old dynamo whose nuanced singing, organ playing and songwriting belied her age. The follow-up, 2007’s This Is Somewhere, confirmed that the band had no interest in following trends but was instead in pursuit of timeless expression as it forged its identity. On 2010’s self-titled third album, GPN, toughened by a half decade of nonstop roadwork, flexed their rock ’n’ roll muscles and confirmed that they were in it for the long haul.
About Nitefall on the River
Nitefall on the River presented by Veridian Credit Union is an annual summer music series at the picturesque Simon Estes Riverfront Amphitheatre in downtown Des Moines. Since 1993, Nitefall on the River has attracted a wide range of Central Iowans to enjoy an evening of great live music, beautiful weather, and a welcoming ambiance. Nitefall on the River is also sponsored by Charles Gabus Ford and Iowa Health.