MU: A Conference and Showcase for Musicians returns to Des Moines for it’s third year on October 17, 2015 at the State Historical Building!
MU 2015 is proud to present a keynote and performance by Andrew W.K., a rock and roll workshop with legendary rock critics Greg Kot and Jim DeRogatis of Sound Opinions fame, and more.
You can get a ticket to just the Andrew W.K. showcase in the ticket type selection.
- Conference + Showcases All-Access Pass (Limited Availability, includes Sound Opinions assessment and advance questions): $50 adv / $60 day-of
- Conference Pass: $35 adv / $40 day-of
- Andrew W.K. Showcase: $18 adv / $20 day-of
- Local Showcase: $7 at door (no advance)
- Musicians & Students: Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a 20% off discount code off conference or all-access passes. Include the the name of your musical project (band or otherwise) or school (at any level) and a brief description of why you would like to attend MU. Thank you.
Participants in the Sound Opinions Workshop receive a handout with tips and resources. For those registering for all-access passes by October 1st, Jim & Greg will personally review and assess your artist/band website, and you will be able to forward your key question (about anything music industry related) in advance for consideration to have it addressed at the show.
The Music University (MU) Conference and Showcase is a gathering of independent musicians and music industry luminaries in the Midwest. Sharing of ideas, experience, art, and resources provides an opportunity for artistic and professional growth to all participants.
The goal of MU is to help independent musicians identify their goals and to inspire and enable them to succeed while working and living in the Midwest. Workshops, panels and shows facilitate the development of new relationships and ideas between creators and those working to promote them.
MU is organized by the nonprofit Des Moines Music Coalition (DMMC). MU is made possible with the support of David & Trudy Hurd, Greater Des Moines Partnership, Bravo, Iowa Arts Council, and local business partners.