We’ve once again partnered with the Greater Des Moines Partnership to help showcase the thriving music industry in Central Iowa by issuing a third “CarpeDM Music Mix.” Music from local artists will be featured on The Partnership’s lifestyle recruitment website seizedesmoines.com on a music mix page that features downloadable songs.
The Music Mix will be unveiled at the South By Southwest (SXSW) Interactive and Music Festival in Austin, Texas, in March. Following SXSW, the compilation will be distributed at career fairs and out-of-state recruitment events, as well as online through seizedesmoines.com. Last year’s compilation featured original songs by The Maytags, Max Wellman, and Bonne Finken, among others.
SUBMISSIONS DEADLINE IS 5 PM MONDAY, FEBRUARY 29
- Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “CarpeDM – YOUR BAND NAME”
- Attach an mp3 of the track for submission; please have artist name and track title in the file name. Note that the track may not contain explicit lyrics nor be a cover of another artist’s material.
- Include the following in the body of the email
- Artist name
- Track title
- Artist’s City of Residence (must be in the Greater Des Moines Parnership’s region)
- Short artist bio and attach an image of the artist/band
- 1-3 links to your social media, music videos, and/or website
- 1-3 links to reviews, interviews, or other press mentions
A local jury of music industry professionals will score tracks based on three criteria:
- Songwriting: the quality of the original musical and lyrical composition
- Musicianship: execution appropriate to the material
- Appropriateness for compilation: lyric content, production quality, and artist activity within the community
Judges will choose up to 20 songs for inclusion in the Music Mix. The winning artists will be announced on Tuesday, March 8.
The Fine Print
- Artists/Bands are allowed to submit one original song in mp3 format
- By submitting, the musician/band gives permission to the Greater Des Moines Partnership to publish and distribute the song
- Artists/Bands must have the authority to make the song available
- Selected tracks will be compensated for their use in the compilation
- No songs selected to the previous compilation will be considered
About the Greater Des Moines Partnership
The Greater Des Moines Partnership is the economic and community development organization serving Central Iowa for more than 125 years. Together with 21 Affiliate Chambers of Commerce and 5,700 business members, The Partnership drives economic growth and careers through innovation, strategic planning and global collaboration. We foster an environment where residents are empowered to live their passions and shape our community, making Greater Des Moines the best place in the world to build a business and life.
About the DMMC
The Greater Des Moines Music Coalition (DMMC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and collaborative movement committed to building a stronger and more diverse music community in greater Des Moines. Through our mission to support and cultivate Iowa’s music economy, our vision is to establish and maintain Des Moines as a nationally recognized music city.